We don't stock Interceptor or Sentinel, but here are some alternatives.
CanadaVet does not stock Interceptor or Sentinel at this time. Some alternatives to Interceptor and Sentinel are:
- Heartgard Plus for dogs - Heartguard Plus is a meat flavored chewable for the control of heartwormas well as intestinal worms in dogs.
- Generic Heartgard Tab ( Nuheart ) - these tablets contain exactly the same active ingredient as Heartgard tablets - Ivermectin, for the control of heartworm in dogs. They are an economical alternative to Heartgard Tablets.
- Proheart tabs for Dogs - Proheart tablets contain Moxidectin. These tablets are given monthly to prevent heartworm.
- Dimmitrol for dogs - Dimmitrol is a daily tablet containing the active ingredient Diethycarbamazine or DEC,for the prevention of heartworm disease in dogs. DEC is also effective against lungworm in dogs. DEC was sold in the US under the brand names Filaribits and Nemacide.
- Revolution - Revolution (selamectin) is a topical parasiticide used in the treatment and prevention of heartworm disease, fleas and ear mites. When used in dogss it also treats canine sarcoptic mange.
- Advocate (Advantage Multi) - Advocate for Dogs kills fleas, prevents heartworm, hookworm, roundworm and whipworm and controls mange and lice with monthly topical application. This product is called Advantage Multi in some countries.